Coffee Glazed Carrots
- 8 medium sized carrots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3/8 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, trim and cut carrots as you'd like them, on a diagonal, or long, thin slices as I did.
- Place the carrots, orange juice, butter, 1/4 cup of the liqueur, and cinnamon in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, while stirring occasionally, until all excess liquid is absorbed. This will typically take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 2 Tablespoons of liqueur. Cook the carrots several minutes more, shaking the pan frequently until they take on a glaze.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately. (Although leftovers were pretty good too!)