When Adam’s sister, Esther, told me (Nancy) that she was going to send me this Orange Juice Cake recipe, I was ecstatic! I love orange juice ( specially when it comes to my Orangina drink) and I love cake! Sounded like a winning combo to me. Here’s what else she said about it:
“This cake recipe doesn’t have any coffee for ingredients, but it is SO good with a coffee drink. I got this recipe from Gina, my mother in law. It’s something the family has made for years.”
Well I can see why it’s been in the family for so long! After having made it, I can pretty much guarantee you will too! This is one of the easiest, tastiest cake recipes I’ve found and it looks pretty too! Not to mention it really does pair perfectly with coffee. I had mine in the evening with a Colombia Decaf Cappuccino. It was divine! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 C chopped nuts (we like to use chopped pecans personally)
- 1 box Butter Cake mix
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding, small box
- 1 C pulp free orange juice
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 C pulp free orange juice
- Spread nuts evenly onto bottom of well greased tube or bundt pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over nuts. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once cake is done, boil icing ingredients for 3 minutes.
- While cake pan is still hot, use a knife to make slits in the cake (like you're testing the cake for doneness) and to separate it from the sides of the pan, then pour icing over cake.
- Let it cool on a wire rack and flip over to remove onto a plate.
- Serve with coffee or other warm, spicy drink like chai tea. *Sidenote: I love how using the bundt pan makes the cake look like a wreath when you put an orange slice and peels on top!