My family loves cookies, they are by far the most requested dessert in our house. But there are times you want to enjoy a treat without all the sugar and gluten. As much as we love sweets sometimes your body just needs a break!
Enjoy this guilt free treat with a steaming cup of your favorite blend of Mission Arabica coffee. These cookies are Gluten Free, Paleo and if these names scare you…. just plain yummy.
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (aka almond meal)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/3 cup pecans - chopped
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Almond flour, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- To the same bowl, add the honey, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix well.
- Chop pecans and add to batter. Stir until well combined.
- Pour sesame seeds into a small bowl. Using a teaspoon, scoop out a small portion of dough and roll between your hands to form a 3/4 inch ball (approx).
- Roll the ball in sesame seeds to coat and place on a parchment or silicone lined baking pan. - Repeat, keeping about 1 1/2 -2 inches of space between the cookies on the baking pan, until all the cookies are formed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking pan two minutes, then remove to wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!
- ****We have also made these using peanut butter and adding mini chocolate chips instead of the pecans... also really yummy. This recipe is adapted from elanaspantry.com